Monday, February 24, 2014

Remember That Day I Was Home ALONE ALL Day . . .




I was blessed with a rare treat this weekend.

On Saturday, my hubbie needed to head out of town to check on a job.
He took all 4 girls with him and I was left home.
All Day.
All Alone.
To Do Whatever I Wanted.

Do you hear the sweet quiet?

It was a day to be remembered for sure.

(Is this not the sweetest lil' calendar you ever did see?  I have wanted one FOREVER!)

Now I need to clarify a few things.

My husband is REALLY good at making sure I have 'mommy time' whenever I need it.
But usually this means I leave the house and run errands without kiddoes.
And that is most definitely a cherished treat.

But there is something to be said about being able to stay at home and just putter to one's heart content.
In the quiet.
Or the really loud blaring of Pandora- depending on which part of the day.



So what did I do?
Not much but a whole lot of happy puttering.

I sat in the quiet and drank coffee from my new vintage happy mug.
But first took a picture of it, because obviously that's the right thing to do.

I spent some time in my craft room creating a few cheerful buntings to add to my space at Station 8.

 I sewed a few happy hankie buntings.

 And then I continued my sewing in a straight line kick by making a few fringed crepe paper banners.
 'Sew' easy to make!
Just layer 4 lengths of crepe paper and sew down the middle.
Then fold in half and snip away.
It would be a lot quicker with handy dandy fringe scissors.

 I can't wait to add this fun color to my shop!

The rest of my day was filled with painting my nails, eating too many chocolates, eating chips for lunch . . . you know, all the lil' things that bring me joy.

AND . . . to top off my delightful weekend,
I scored a fun egg scale off Craig's list!

I have been  wanting one of these baby's for a few months!

It was a scrumptious weekend indeed.

I am so thankful for my family who understands that this momma needs a bit of alone time every now and then to recharge.

How about you.
Do you need a bit of recharging?
Make it happen.
You'll be so glad you did!

 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! How could it not be good by starting you day drinking coffee from your fun coffee mug! I love the hankie bunting you made...I need to check you shop to see if you have any in there. :)
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...wonderful days, indeed! Sometimes I sit a bit too long taking in the silence. :-) Happy for you! P.S. Stampin' Up! has those Fringe Scissors for you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a day beautifully spent. So happy for you that you got that rare opportunity. I'm sure you enjoyed it that much more because of how unusual it is.

    ReplyDelete