Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Scenes From A Delightful Long Weekend


Happy Tuesday!
Hope ya'll had a relaxing long weekend.
Mine was very low key
in a splendid way.

I bet most of you enjoyed a sunny and warm weekend. 


Not here in good ol' Montana.
It's still cozy fire season in my neck of the woods.

 I know, kinda crazy.
But it worked out nicely because we worked on some projects.

Josh worked on extending the new kitchen flooring through the laundry room.
Good bye dingy baby blue floor! 
Now I'm anxious to get in there and make it all pretty with fresh paint.

 I got almost all the texts ordered for next school year.
Hooray!


And we spent WAY TOO MUCH time rearranging the girls furniture into a different room.
So the house was chaos with furniture everywhere 
for most of the day.

I had a case of 'Potterybarnidos'.

Does this ever happen to you?
You have a vision for a room in your home and no matter how many different ways you arrange the furniture you're just not happy with it?
I had a serious case.
Until I realized I was basing my vision on the perfect Pottery Barn rooms and finally realized how silly and ungrateful I was being.
I have a vedy vedy patient husband.


So the the girls are in a new room 
and for the first time in 8 1/2 years we don't have a crib up.
And I bet you know how that makes my heart ache a bit.

 Oh my girls, stop growing up so fast!



I finally made a trip to the nursery.
It was quite chilly.
 But if I'm gonna call myself a Montanan, 
I need to learn to plant in the cold.
Right?


I had a Country Living moment.

 For the longest time I've wanted to try and make lil' hand-held pies.
So Kait and I finally attempted it.

 Oh my goodness.
I hate to toot my own horn, but they turned out SO YUMMY!

I think they taste better than regular pie.

I know we'll be eating a lot of these puppies this summer.


So it was a simple and productive weekend.
 Loved it.


This is our last week of school.
Yabba Dabba DOOOOOOO!!


Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!


8 comments:

  1. hand held pies?!?! yumminess! looks like a super productive weekend. i'm going to order my hs stuff early this year too, but i'm waiting till after this big used curriculum sale my hs group is having first to see if i can get anything on sale ;) then the real fun will begin. i love getting those boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is neat to see what is going on in other parts of the country! If we had a fire here in Texas this past weekend it would not have been inside- our high today is 92 with a heat index of 97! I hope you take pics of the girls' room... I'd love to see how you arranged it for 4 girls. Eventually we will have 3 girls in a room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so beautiful! You're one lucky mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pies look yummy!
    Love the picture of your cute kiddos!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. toot away girlfriend!
    those pies look ahhhmazing! :)
    and you ordered school already? gah!!!!!!
    i don't really want to think about that quite yet!
    i know what ya mean about the furniture rearranging thing.
    it can be so frustrating, but you're SO right about just being content with what we have.{even though it's hard sometimes}
    have a great last week of school...eeek!
    xoxo
    bring on SUMMERRRRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, those pies look delicious! and, i'm jealous; i really want to put new flooring in the kitchen! btw, i love that bookshelf in the girls' room. where ever did you get that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that pie - oh yum!!! aww, those sweet girls. wow, i can imagine that after 4 it's hard not to see a crib. so does this mean you are in the market for #5?? ; ) glad you had a productive weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love productive weekends! I think I must try those pies too :)
    Do all 4 girls share a room? All three of mine do. Thankfully, they are all still ok with it :)I am having issues with how I want rearrange their room because we will be taking our crib down soon too.
    Can't wait to see your laundry room!
    Super cute girlies on a super cute front porch swing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete