Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh Happy Day!


It's Wednesday!

So that means I'm linking up with my sweet friend Alicia and her fabulous


This week's challenge was to actually DO something we pinned.
So after 'paroosing'  my boards, I decided on a lampshade revamp.

Here was my inspiration


Now this lamp is wayyyy prettier than what I'm working with,
but it's what inspired me to bloomify what I have.

So, we have this lamp in the classroom that got a little crispy on one side.

Opps!
Just a little meltage.

 Ya see what I need to cover up?

 I whipped up a few blooms using vintage atlas and dictionary pages.




I had every intention to spiffy up another lampshade with a few fabric blooms,
but then something amazing and beautiful happened . . . 

the sun came out!
So I promptly left my craft mess and headed outside with my girls to plant a few flowers.





 It was a happy day indeed!
Head on over to Alicia's and check out all the other fun projects!

 

Hope you create a bit of happy in your day today!


5 comments:

  1. What a cute lampshade redo! I love the use of vintage maps. Love it!
    You sweet girls look so happy outside helping you plant flowers. Mine love it too! I tell ya, its the simple things in life...they don't need a lot to make them happy :)
    When does summer come to Montana?
    xoxo sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a pencil lamp in the school room? awesome!! it looks much better now, i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did i miss this yesterday?? i love that you used maps! so cute! and i love that pic of you and your girlie planting...so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete