Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Much Needed Get Away

With plenty of car snacks.

After lots and lots of packing. And lots and lots of driving- we are finally at the coast.
 (Note- if any of you are shopping with me, do not let me buy ANOTHER cardigan. Unless it's yellow. I really want a yellow one.)  



We hit the aquarium today.

Don't these birds look fake?

I love watching my girls discover and learn about new things.
We needed this lil' get away.
Life has been too busy.
It is such a blessing to go slow and reconnect as a family.
Today we slept in and relaxed and played and slowed down.
Tomorrows agenda?
Sleeping in, playing in the sand, eating fun food, swimming in the pool, reading, knitting and I may get to sneak in a few thrift stores and antique shops.
I am so thankful for this time. 

I hope you have a great start to a new week!

1 comment:

  1. oh amy...what fun! love the pics! i love getting away with my family...and since i'm a nerdy homeschool mom, i try to make everything (and trip) a fun learning experience. we would have tooootally hit up that aquarium too :) and holy car snacks, woman! i saw that big bear container of animal crackers back their...that would be allll mine on a car trip!

    ReplyDelete