Thursday, January 31, 2013

More Than Roses and Chocolates


Valentine's Day is coming up.

How do you feel about that?
Me?  

I LOVE Valentine's Day.

All I want and expect is a heart shaped box full of my own chocolates that I don't have to share with anyone.
I can  take a bite and put it back in if I want to.
Oh you know I do it too.
But I know for some people, the thought of Valentine's Day makes them want to gag.
They think it's too cheesy and commercialized.
Or maybe they are usually let down on a day focused on mushy love.

But I want to encourage you to embrace this goofy holiday.
I am SO excited to use this day as a FUN excuse to bless my family and those close to me.
If you follow me on Pinterest you might have noticed that I have been pinning Valentine stuff like crazy.

So I thought I'd share some of my lovey dovey plans with you

Maybe you should turn on a little Righteous Brothers to help you get the feel of it . . .

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips . . ."

Ok, moving on .


Here's a fun idea for the teachers in your life


Here's some fun ideas to bless your hubbie

Treats with a fun message


An ABC book of all the reasons why you love him



A little daily reminder of why you love him

 I couldn't get the source on this one

Last year I made him this


And here's a great way to his heart


Here are a few other tasty treats that caught my eye

Yummy pink punch


A couple of fun cupcake ideas




And these delicacies are most definitely on my list.
It's shocking that I even have the M&M's purchased and I haven't taste tested them yet.


And for my girls,
I reeeeeeeally want to try and make these for 
the week of Valentine's Day.


Wouldn't it be so special to leave them encouraging love notes from Mom and Dad all week long.

Oh . . .  so many ideas and just so many hours in the day.

All I know is, I want it to be a fun memory in their hearts.
We will be focusing on what love really is by memorizing 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I hope this encourages you to make a lovey dovey plan 
and bless your family! 

Now go forth and be mushy!




6 comments:

  1. great ideas! i was just going over to pinterest to find a craft for sophie to do. thanks for the fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such fun ideas, girlie!
    i try to keep v-day on the down low, because we have about a million birthdays in between the madness so they all get mushed together.
    pray for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas Amy! I saw the treat idea with fun messages on Pinterest and had thought that would be fun to do for Ray. Starting tomorrow I am going to put a sticky note on the kids door with a fun message or word for them. It will be both a blessing for them and I for the next 14 days. I am thinking of asking them over the weekend if they would like to do the same to our bedroom door.
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun ideas! I'm usually not crazy about the day but like the way you look at the day. I better get my act together to spoil my little ones (and hubby!) on this day of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta make those valentine cupcakes! I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. if i made bacon hearts for my man... he would be speechless. and in love with me all over again. : ) good thinking.

    ReplyDelete