Tuesday, November 13, 2012

It's That Time Of Year Again!






Boxes are being collected all over the country.
It's an amazing ministry.
By filling a box with simple gifts you can change the life of a child.

The girls and I got our boxes together today.
First we watched this video.


 I try to make this experience more than just having fun buying toys for a random child.
I want the girls to see why it's important. 

There are many different videos you can watch, 
just have the tissue handy.

 After the video they had lots of questions.
"But how do they get the boxes to the kids?"
So we watched another video that showed all the ways the boxes got to the kids . . .
plane, train, boat, dirt bike, ox cart . . . 

Then it was time to fill the boxes



And write special notes





We still have a bit of room to add all the essential stuff- toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, . . .
And by donating online you can get a special bar code so you can follow your box!


I highly encourage you to pack a box and change a life.



You can get all your questions answered HERE


Have a wonderful week!

(I won't be posting the rest of the week 
to focus on some family stuff.)


6 comments:

  1. look at you and your little ducklings lined up :) we have not done this for the last two years!!! i am definately getting back into the tradition next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we finished ours yesterday. it's one of my most favorite traditions! your girls are dolls - they look so thrilled to give! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at the last picture and just think how fun for your girls to have each other so close in age! Love shoebox ministries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My church does this, and I love it!! This is the 3rd year in a row I have done it! It's such a blessing for those little children, I'm sure, and the best part is, the gospel is shared with them! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're an inspiration to all of us Amy, bless your heart. And a great mom teaching your girls important values of giving and loving others. I think I'm going to cry...I better go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amy! this is fantastic!
    we were praying about a way to bless others this Christmas and the Lord answered!
    we aren't doing this(which looks amazing), but we adopted two orphans from Mexico!
    Jorge and Raphael! i seriously wish they could really come and live with us. :)
    to God be the glory!
    your girls are SO sweet and if they are anything like their mama, they are super caring, fun, cute, loving, talented and so much more! xoxoxo
    sipping my homemade peppermint coffee and wishing we could trade some stories this morn.
    :)

    ReplyDelete