Friday, August 31, 2012

Bring It


Happy Friday!

If you follow me on Pinterest, you may have noticed that I've been pinning 
quite a few 'fallish' inspirations




I couldn't get the original source on this one


As I was reading in bed this morning I heard the school bus go by.
Immediately I started having an anxious heart.
(I know . . . such a drama queen)

So I decided to embrace the coming season.
Instead of clinging on to summer,
I decided to be thankful for all the things I LOVE about Fall.

So I dug through my cupboard

and found the remnants of last years pumpkin candle.

I opened the windows and praised the Lord for cooler temps.
And decided that it was cool enough to turn my oven on in the middle of the day


 to make my family some cinnamon swirl bread.



Instead of feeling sad over my garden who is slowly blooming it's last blooms

 I picked myself a fresh bouquet.

Then I decided to take advantage of the Fall sale at my local nursery to buy a new perennial that I will be so happy to see blooming next spring

 and picked up a few mums to freshen up the porch.


It truly was a delightful day.
One of those days that makes your heart feel content.
It was exactly what I needed.

Welcome Fall!
I'm ready for ya!

Hope you have fun plans for your long weekend!



5 comments:

  1. I love Fall! But Fall for us means surviving August in Texas! When we lived in MA, I hated to see summer go since it went a long dark cold winter. Funny how we see things differently depending on where we live. Hopefully soon I can get mums- I love 'em. And I love all of your Fall pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dug my pumpkin candle out last night too, quite literally the same one. We need to be friends;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so sweet.
    i'm embracing it too, sister...but i have to admit, school makes me a tinge anxious! :)
    love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad that summer is coming to an end but I know that fall is just around corner and I LOVE fall. I had thought about getting my pumpkin spice candle out yesterday but I is just to warm here.
    Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummo that cinnamon swirl bread looks amazing! how do i make it and why are you rolling it on a cloth?

    ReplyDelete