Friday, June 24, 2011

Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives: The Half Way Restaurant

I have a confession to make.
I'm sorta a restaurant snob.
Josh always wants to take me to these little whole in the wall joints
and I politely decline and head to the nearest (cleanest and up to date) restaurant I'm familiar with.

Yesterday Josh and I headed 2 hours from home 
to do a little work on a house he built.
A few shots of the view from the back deck.




(another confession: I'm not a very good cleaning lady- 
I got a wee bit grumpy towards the end of the day)

By the time we were heading home it was dinner time.
Of course, once again, Josh wanted to take me to one of these little restaurants.
Surprisingly, I agreed.
We stopped at a restaurant called
 Now I have to admit I was out of my comfort zone.
But I was feeling adventurous.
This place is clean and charming.
And the food was delicious!

(Josh was getting a little tired of all my blogging pictures.
I'm sure he'll love this one.)

I'm telling you, this place was deeeeelicious!
I told the owner that this is my new "go-to" spot whenever we head east.
Here's the owner Ron and his sweet waitress Thelma.
We didn't get to meet his wife Myrna, 
but I'm sure we will the next time we're passing through.
If you find yourself traveling along the southern border
of Glacier National Park,
I highly suggest you pay these kind and talented new friends of mine a visit.
Next time I'm gonna save room for pie!

I'm glad I trusted my hubbie.
And I've found a new adventure to add to my growing list:
to try all the "mom and pop" joints along my journeys.
Just like the Food Network show 'Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" 
I'll report my restaurants adventures to you.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment